Mala Yoga & Meditation Classes
Ongoing classes are posted on Centerathealingwaters.com/ website. To have more information please e-mail Healing Waters office directly at email@example.com or Felicitas at Felicitasherenow@gmail.com
As we cultivate a quiet mind, a deep receptivity, presence and awareness in our Yoga practice we open to the wisdom that each moment presents to us. Rather than pushing into a posture or pursuing a specific goal we allow the inquiry into what the moment communicates to us through emerging sensations, breath texture and thought patterns guide us and respond skillfully from a place of non harming and non attachment. This creates a spacious container for a practice that connects us to a quality of peacefulness and embodiment.Being wise means that we are able to skillful respond to the situations that we meet on and off the mat in a way that aligns with our innermost values.
Wisdom Yoga :Yin Yoga practice, accompanied by the sound Tibetan singing bowls:
- A slow practice with an emphasis on working the connective tissue rather than the muscle
- Long posture holds (3-6 minutes) to create elasticity and flow of vital force throughout the body
- Mindfulness meditation instructions are incorporated in the posture practice to cultivate a quiet mind
- Sounds from the 7 Tibetan singing bowls, each attuned to one of the seven energy centers along the midline, are used throughout the class to help harmonize and activate the energy centers
- Chanting of the Tibetan Yoga sacred sounds
- Explorations of the teachings of the Yoga sutras by Patanjali ( I use the Barbara Stoler Miller translation) and the 4 noble truths of the foundational Buddhist teachings
Wisdom: Yin & Yang Yoga practice
- A dynamic flow of sun salutations, standing postures in first half of class, and in the second half of class longer held postures.
- Emphasis is on strength, focus, flow and on incorporating an intention that aligns with the 8 limbs of Yoga and Buddhist philosophy.
Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation:
- Learn the basics of Mindfulness Meditation practices and how to incorporate them into your daily life.
- A 5 week course.
Yoga Classes are held at Healing Waters, 542 Quaker Rd, East Aurora NY 14052 and by request.
Yin & Yang Yoga class: Mondays 9.30 – 11.00 am
Yin Mindfulness class: Tuesdays 5:30 – 6:45pm. No pre-registration necessary. All levels welcome.
Intro to Mindfulness meditation: Classes held at Healing Waters. Registration required. Contact Healing Waters for starting dates.
www.Centerathealingwaters.com – 716 655 3924
“The instructor makes the class. Felicitas is a gifted teacher. She explains things in a way that is soothing and easy to understand/follow. She is very observant & helpful if anyone’s pose/posture is incorrect, and she emanates an aura of serenity/calm.”S. Graber
Move a muscle, change a feeling….